The Covid pandemic is reaching our boards. Precautions are running out, but it is possible to make your own medical mask at home: follow the steps.
The medical mask is probably the symbol of this tremendous Covid pandemic. Mostly in other European countries, such as Italy, you have heard about the need of wearing them. Since it is becoming more and more difficult to find them, you have to know how to make a surgical mask at home: it is important for your health.
Covid: how to make your own surgical mask at home
It is important to specify that, homemade masks, are not enough to prevent the contagion of the illness and they are not equivalent to the proper ones. Nevertheless, if you think you have some symptoms or if you are infected, they are useful to protect people from your bacterias.
If you want to make your own mask at home let’s proceed together, it is very easy:
- You need fabric, ruler, scissors, pins, elastic and a sewing machine.
- Measures: 18 cm (left side, height), 36 cm top side, 37 cm bottom side and 19 cm right side (height). Measures must be taken on a paper that afterward will be placed on the fabric and combined with the pins.
- It is now important to cut the fabric by following exactly the measures of the paper.
- Take the sewing machine and sew the paper with the fabric.
- Now fold the mask at 2 cm from the lowest side and close it with some pins. Repeat twice this movement and sew where the pins are. Iron the fabric e apply the elastic: it has to be sufficient to reach your ears. Sew it too to the mask and… voilà!
Your surgical homemade mask is now ready.
Covid: additional guidance to prevent the spread of the disease
Besides that, you should know additional guidance on how to prevent the spread of disease:
- Wash your hands often, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, or engaging in other activities that may dirty your hands. Use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer: you can also make it at home.
- Please, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid coming into contact with others who are sick. But if you are sick, stay home and avoid contact with others.