A candle sold by Gwyneth Paltrow exploded in a customer's living room, a British woman has revealed.
A candle sold by Gwyneth Paltrow’s lifestyle brand, Goop, exploded in a customer’s living room, a British woman has revealed.
Gwyneth Paltrow’s candle explodes
It was Judy Thompson who had this unfortunate mishap in her North London home.
The 50 year old won the candle in an online quiz.
Ms Thompson said: “The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere. I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room.”
The candle, called ‘This Smells Like My Vagina’, sells for £69 on Goop’s website. Other candles sold by Paltrow’s brand include “This smells like my prenup” and “This smells like my orgasm”.
The product description on the Goop website reads: “This candle started as a joke between perfumer Douglas Little and GP—the two were working on a fragrance, and she blurted out, ‘Uhhh..this smells like a vagina’ —but evolved into a funny, gorgeous, sexy, and beautifully unexpected scent. (That turned out to be perfect as a candle—we did a test run at an In goop Health, and it sold out within hours.)”
Sir Simon Stevens, the head of the NHS, criticised Goop in the past, calling out “dubious ‘wellness’ products and dodgy procedures” during a speech in Oxford in early 2020 warning that “quacks, charlatans and cranks” are exploiting people’s health concerns via fake news spread online by the wellness industry.