If you are thinking about buying the new Microsoft Office 2019, catch yourself up with the array of new features and improvements that this years edition has to offer.
While Microsoft offers the option of its subscription-based Office 365, you can still own the Office software outright. So, if you are thinking of buying the Office software with a one-time payment, the latest Microsoft Office 2019 could be a great option.
Let’s find out about some of its features below.
Microsoft Office 2019: 3 different versions
The new Microsoft Office 2019 comes in three different versions – Office Home and Student 2019, Office Home and Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019.
The first version is the most basic, but it still packs programs like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
It costs $149.99. For an additional $100, you can get a licensed version of Outlook as part of Office Home and Business 2019. The most powerful version of Office 2019 costs $439.99 and includes two more programs – Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Access. However, these apps are only supported directly in Windows and PC, not Mac.
New Features in Office 2019
There is a great range of upgrades across Microsoft Office 2019, many of them coming from Office 365. There are also some features that are only available in the latest version, at least for now. The key changes in the new Office are:
- Microsoft Translator for both Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Powerful vector graphics are now easily scalable in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Morph movements are now richer and easier in PowerPoint.
- The new Zoom feature for easier navigation from Slide 1 to another slide in PowerPoint.
- Integrated LaTex equation for the creation of Maths Equations in Word.
- A range of new functions in Excel.
- Greater sharing and linking features for collaboration.
- Insert funnel charts, 2D map charts, online videos, etc.
- Additionally, you can now also use the Surface Pen for slide navigations in PowerPoint.